Diagnosis

Friday, December 10, 2010


We found out that Anna's leukemia has returned yesterday. She will be admitted to the hospital next week and will be spending her 3rd Christmas there. They are planning a 2nd bone marrow transplant in early 2011.

I am devastated by this news and SO ANGRY. Anna has gone through so much and she is only in her early 20's. She has her whole life ahead of her. This just isn't fair!

Keep your head up Anna. You have so many people behind you and praying for you. YOU CAN DO THIS.

I will end this with a little something I wrote back when Mom was still here and we were in the middle of chaos. It seems like the only appropriate thing to say. A little colorful-so, pardon my french...

Fuck you Cancer. I hate you.

There. I feel much better.

3 comments:

marykeeley said...

Ditto. Cancer is such a slut.

Michele said...

I hate to hear(read) this. I'm so sorry to hear. I hope Anna knows that everyone is thinking of her, myself included. I'm wishing you, your family, and friends peace and strength through this Katie. Much love.

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

I am so incredibly sorry to hear this.

Post a Comment